Since, for most people, the value of their house, represents, their single – biggest, financial asset, wouldn’t it make sense, to carefully consider, who to hire, to serve and represent their best interests, when buying and/ or, selling a home? A major component of the so – called, American Dream, is often, owning a home, of one’s own, and, often is, when done, in an effective, well – considered manner, but, several people, have had nightmare – experiences, instead, because of making the wrong choices, decisions, or not being informed, well – enough! This is an important reason, it’s significant, to hire the right, real estate agent, for your needs, goals, and priorities, and take the time, and make the effort, to carefully, thoroughly, interview several people, in order to make the finest, possible decision. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 things to consider, before deciding, who to hire.
1. Marketing/ selling; plans/ planning; reasoning: Listen carefully to the suggested marketing plan, and, the rationale behind it! How would he transform this to selling, and/ or buying, the right place? How comprehensive, are the plans, and, is the level of his planning, focused on achieving quality results? How well – considered, is the reasoning, and do the plans, include several well – considered, contingency concepts, and approaches?
2. Agent’s character: Fully examine, and consider, the true level of an agent’s character, including integrity, focus, emphasis, and dedication to meaningful service and representation!
3. Listening, rather than talking: While it is true, the sound of one’s own voice, to most, is their favorite sound, this is not a quality, to seek, in your agent! When you are interviewing, seek someone, who effectively listens, thoroughly, rather than dominating the conversation and speaking/ talking about himself (how great he is!), etc. Agents and their clients must proceed, on the same – page, and exhibit the finest, possible level of teamwork!
4. Self – confidence: The agent, you select, must possess, well – considered, real self – confidence, without letting his ego, interfere, with his behaviors and actions! Beware, because, while one needs a self – confident agent, in order to exhibit quality judgment, and take the finest actions, in a timely manner, there is a big difference between this, and, false bravado!
5. Can you work together, as a team?: During the real estate transaction period, you will need to work closely, with your agent! During the interview, think, whether, the individual, you feel, you’ll be comfortable with, communicating, and using meaningful teamwork!
Carefully choose the best real estate agent, to meet, and, hopefully, exceed, your needs! Are you ready, to protect your largest, single, financial asset?