Since, for most people, the value of their house, represents, their single – biggest, financial asset, wouldn’t it make sense, for a qualified, potential buyer, to hire, the right real estate agent, to represent him, in this process, to ensure the most desirable results, etc? In order to get the finest results, it is important to emphasize, real teamwork, between the agent, one hires, and his buyer – client! Therefore, it is important/ essential, to consider, develop, and, implement, great real estate agent/ buyer relationships! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 6 first keys, to going about this process, and, why it matters.
1. Pre – qualify the buyer: Before an agent, should, represent a buyer, he should strongly recommend, the interested party, must be, pre – qualified/ pre – approved, for a specific amount! Then, this should indicate, and direct, the price range, of the properties, one searches, for, during his, house – hunt! It, also, ensures, a far – less, stressful, process, because, it reduces, wasting time, energy, and potential disappointments, during this period!
2. Discuss objectives/ goals: Before, hiring an agent, to represent you, it makes sense to clearly, discuss the buyer’s objectives, goals, and priorities, so quality teamwork, can be used, throughout! How can you proceed, on the same – page, unless, you have this discussion, and clear understanding? What does a buyer want, need and expect from his agent, and how can the individual, benefit, from working, together, as a real team?
3. Examine comfort zone: We, each, have certain strengths, as well as weaknesses, so, wouldn’t it be beneficial, to effectively, use, every strength, and address any area of weakness? Will you, as a buyer, be ready, willing, and able, to expand the restrictions of your personally – imposed, comfort zone, or will you let it restrict, and diminish your possibilities? Will you have the nerve, and ability, to make a well – considered, offer, when you find, the property, you seek, and desire?
4. Difference between needs, and a wish – list: From, the onset, clearly, identify, between what you need (deal – breaker items), and your wish – list, and why! Your agent should be able to help you see the true, bones, of a home, rather than, being restricted, by, easily – addressed, cosmetic differences! Know, which features, you want, and hope for, and what, they add, to the enjoyment of a property, and rate them, in a priorities – based, way!
5. Open and Honest: The agent/ buyer relationship, must be open, and honest, from the onset, and throughout, the entire process. Each party must trust, and be willing to listen to, the other, to proceed, with meaningful, teamwork!
6. Buyer commitment, offer, negotiations, etc: Buyers should hire an agent, who helps, him, make the commitment, submit an effective offer, and strongly, negotiate, on his behalf, and get the deal, done!
When the agent and buyer, are on the same – page, throughout, the process is easier, and the results, normally, are more beneficial, and satisfying. Hire the right person, be part of the team, and enjoy, the process!