One of the responsibilities, both, by – law, and according to real estate boards, is, agents must maintain, high ethical standards, consistently! Whether, you are a homeowner, who hopes to sell his home, or, a qualified, potential buyer, searching for the house, of his dreams, it’s important, wise, and relevant, to hire, the right agent, and this individual, must possess, and maintain, true ETHICS! Since, being ethical, is, not, merely, proceeding, morally, but, a code, to live one’s life, by, and an overall, personal philosophy, it is often, challenging, to clearly, know, who is the right person, to trust, as your agent, and representative! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and represents, and why, it matters.
1. Empathy; excellence; enrich; efforts: Representing a client, should, be, about the client’s needs, and priorities, and, not, merely, the agent’s! To do so, means, prioritizing, effective listening, and learning, from every conversation, and experience, and proceeding, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! He should never be satisfied, with, good – enough, but, rather, demand his utmost degree of personal excellence! Hire an agent, whose efforts, focus on enriching, your client, and providing, the best efforts, to achieve, the client’s efforts, and priorities!
2. Trustworthy/ truth/ trust; time – tested; timely; trends: High ethical standards, must include, identifying, and effectively, using, any trends, which might benefit one’s clients! An agent must know, understand, and use, well – considered, time – tested concepts, and consistently, proceeding, in a timely manner, so clients’ best interests, are served, and protected! Only, when one is, consistently, trustworthy, and tells the truth, even, when it may be inconvenient, will he earn the trust, of others. Do the right thing!
3. Humane; healing; head/ heart: Ethical behavior includes, consistently, proceed, in a truly, humane manner! He must seek healing, and bringing people together, for the greater good! It requires using the finest aspects of one’s emotional and logical components, in a head/ heart balance!
4. Integrity; ideals; ideology; intentions: Integrity must be absolute, and, never, selective! It requires, aligning, quality ideals, and a core ideology, which prioritizes, service and representation! Consider, one’s intentions, as well as his actions!
5. Character; clarity; choices/ chooses; credibility: Will the agent, you choose, possess, and maintain, the desirable, quality of character, needed, to ensure, consistently, ethical behavior? Ethics requires a clear message, and clarity – of – intentions! We all have choices, and what we do, and decide, generally indicates, and determines, our overall credibility!
6. Sustainable; solutions; service; systems: Agents should consider, both, shorter – term, relevant items, as well as sustainable ones! Combining finest solutions, and maintaining the highest levels of service, as well as using a system (marketing, and selling), which serves a client’s priorities, goals, and necessities!
Don’t overlook the need, for an agent, to proceed, consistently, with ETHICS, and the highest ethical standards, behavior, performance, and actions! Clients must take the time, to evaluate these characteristics, before hiring someone!