Effectively selling homes, and representing one’s clients (homeowners), is an essential component, of serving, as a quality, professional real estate agent! Many factors should be evaluated, carefully, and thoroughly, in order to determine, the best approach, for a specific property. After over a decade, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have simplified, some of these considerations, into, what I refer to, as the, MEFPAP of marketing and selling homes. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly review, consider, examine, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, represents, and mandates, for responsible, responsive, meaningful representation.
1. Market conditions/ competition: Depending on the specific market conditions, as well as the competition, the best approach, must be focused and adapted, to achieve the best possible results, for one’s client. These factors should help develop the best listing price, as well as how to market, etc, the property, to appeal, to the appropriate, qualified, potential buyers.
2. Economy (overall, and local real estate market): When public confidence is high, more people are ready, willing, and able, to proceed forward, in a smart, logical, effective manner. A combination of a strong economy (both, actually, as well as perceptually), relatively low – interest rates (so, mortgage rates are attractive), and the local area, is a desirable one, benefits the marketing, and sales – potential, of a particular house.
3. Features of a specific home: Objectively, review, consider, and evaluate, the specific features of a home, and consider, what might make this particular house, most desirable, for potential, qualified buyers! Pay particular attention to the property (size, shape, location), as well as its curb appeal. Why would someone be drawn to this house, compared to others? Most people pay particular attention, to the kitchen, living rooms, bathrooms, and distinctive characteristics, so compare these, and accentuate the positive!
4. Property and specific location: Is the property, a good balance, between, too large, and not big enough? What about the specific location, is positive, and/ or negative? What potential does this specific property, possess?
5. Agent – friendly: If you want to get the best results, be certain, the house is agent – friendly, and easy, and ready – to – show. One never knows, the ideal time, the best buyer, might be available, and desirous of seeing the house, so, it’s important to make the home, agent – friendly, and focused, on getting the best possible results!
6. Price: The two major issues, are pricing, and location! Only, when a professionally designed and created, Competitive Market Analysis, or CMA, is used properly, to create the Listing Price, will the best scenario, result!
Focusing on getting things done, and effectively using the MEFPAP of selling homes, is the most reliable way, for a real estate agent, to provide, the finest level of service, a client needs, and deserves. Will that be your focus?
Added: by Utopia Realty